By Midwest Transplant Network
March 14, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, Midwest Transplant Network has taken numerous steps to try to keep our community healthy and help reduce the potential risk of the coronavirus. At this time, Midwest Transplant Network will defer to each hospital’s visitor policy regarding scheduled meetings and events.
To ensure the safety of our donors, recipients, and staff, Midwest Transplant Network is using enhanced screening and testing protocols for COVID-19 as follows:
- MTN and/or hospital staff will test all potential donors for COVID-19
- Patients who test positive will be ineligible to donate
Tissue and eye donation:
- All potential donors with a positive test for COVID-19 will be ineligible to donate
- MTN staff will provide more in-depth screening for all potential donors, including evaluating patients’ symptoms and contact and travel in the past 28 days, following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations
- Each patient’s exposure and infection status will guide donation potential or deferral
Please look for more communication from Midwest Transplant Network in the coming weeks via email, our website and social media.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support.