Our fourth annual Donate Life Legacy Walk will look different this year. With our transition to a virtual event, we developed a toolkit to help attendees engage leading up to and during the Legacy Walk.
We encourage attendees to use these assets around your homes or on your social media pages, as well as to participate in our spirit award contest.
The following materials are available for download and use for the 2020 Legacy Walk:
About the Virtual Donate Life Legacy Walk
Share general information about the Legacy Walk on your social media channels.
Post your donation story online, or print your plaque and use on June 6 as you celebrate the virtual Legacy Walk.
Social Media Posts
Help us generate buzz leading up to or on June 6 by posting to your social media channels. Share these posts directly, or use them as a starting point for your own creative post. Make sure you use #LegacyWalk and tag Midwest Transplant Network: Facebook — @MidwestTransplantNetwork | Instagram — @MidwestTransplantNetwork | Twitter — @MWtransplant (Note: We will only be able to see and interact with posts that are public.)
- I walk in honor of type donor hero’s/transplant warrior’s name here . Please join me for the virtual Donate Life Legacy Walk hosted by Midwest Transplant Network on Saturday, June 6. #LegacyWalk
- I am a proud insert donation connection here . Please join me for Midwest Transplant Network’s virtual Donate Life Legacy Walk on Saturday, June 6. Register today: mwtn.org/legacywalk #LegacyWalk
- Join me on June 6 as I celebrate the gift of life with Midwest Transplant Network for the virtual Donate Life Legacy Walk. mwtn.org/legacywalk #LegacyWalk
- I am an advocate for organ, eye and tissue donation. Join me virtually on June 6 in honoring donor heroes and transplant warriors during Midwest Transplant Network’s Donate Life Legacy Walk. mwtn.org/legacywalk #LegacyWalk
Display your connection to donation using the signs below similarly to how we have used connection beads at past Legacy Walk events. Share selfies with your walk signs on social media using #LegacyWalk and tagging Midwest Transplant Network: Facebook — @MidwestTransplantNetwork | Instagram — @MidwestTransplantNetwork | Twitter — @MWtransplant (Note: We will only be able to see and interact with posts that are public.)
- I walk in honor of _________
- I am a donation advocate
- I am a donor hero
- I am a transplant recipient
- I am waiting for a transplant
- Someone I love is a donor hero
- Someone I love is a transplant recipient
- Someone I love is waiting for a transplant
For those of you interested in making T-shirts or swag for the Legacy Walk, the files below can be used for vinyl cutting machines, printing capabilities or iron-on material. Use the artwork release if you choose to send them to a professional printer, and be sure to follow social distancing guidelines in your community throughout the process. Share your creations with us on social media, tagging Midwest Transplant Network and using #LegacyWalk.
- Legacy Walk artwork release
- Front of T-shirt (.png)
- Back of T-shirt (.png)
- Front of T-shirt (.svg)
- Back of T-shirt (.svg)
The Legacy Walk spirit awards are a new addition for the virtual walk, and we cannot wait to see your creativity. A team of MTN staff and volunteers will choose the winning submission in each of the following categories:
- Most spirited
- Most creative
- Best sign
- Best video
- Pet of the walk
Submit your pictures by sending them to email@example.com or posting on social media, making sure to tag us and use #LegacyWalk
To participate on each social media platform:
- Facebook — Posts must be public for MTN to see and interact
- Instagram — Posts must tag @MidwestTransplantNetwork for MTN to see
- Twitter — Posts must tag @MWTransplant
If you need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.